Over 170 students and 9 teachers of a school located in Delhi’s Tughlakabad area were admitted to hospital following complaints of eye irritation.
Our correspondent reports that students of Rani Jhansi School were taken to a nearby hospital for medical aid following gas leakage from a container depot near the school.
Talking to media, DCP, South East, Romil Baniya said no student is critical and the students who felt better after treatment have been handed over to their parents. He also said it is a case of negligence, and hazardous substance was not handled properly and action will be taken.
Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia informed about this incident through series of tweets this morning saying gas leaked from a nearby container depot. He said that he has spoken to students and doctors, and situation is under control.
Mr Sisodia asserted that District Magistrate has been asked to investigate into the matter.
Union Health Minister J P Nadda has said that all Central government hospitals have been instructed to be ready to help all victims of Delhi gas leak incident.